Prediction Roma vs Napoli – October 15, 2017
Roma are trying to get into the top four Serie A, must host Napoli at the Stadio Olimpico in advanced 8th giornata on Sunday, at 1:45 am early morning. Roma overtook Napoli for the runner-up position in last season’s giornata, and the visitors are believed to be seeking revenge. As we know, Napoli are currently in their best form, with a 100% winning record.
Napoli certainly has a long way to meet his ambition to embrace Scudetto title. But facing Roma at the start of the season like this is a real test to prove their quality. Partenopei had already won in the Italian capital last season, they were also able to conquer Lazio 4-1 in their last visit in September. After appearing solid in defense and sharp on the front lines, it is quite difficult to stop the current performance of Napoli.
Roma may have some reason to keep a sweatshop in front of an opponent’s goal while playing in front of his own fans. In the last 27 games at the Stadio Olimpico, they have never failed to score a goal. This match will be presented quite a lot of goals considering the statistics of both teams, with Napoli who scored at least three goals in their last three giornata.
With Dries Mertens performance increasingly uphill, Napoli getting sharper in front of the opponent’s goal. With such a brilliant performance, we think Rome will be very difficult to face the game in the game Napoli later.
Data and Facts of Both Teams:
– Both teams have had 36 meetings so far, with 18 wins for Roma, 9 draws and 9 defeats.
– With the total meeting, both teams managed to create as many as 105 goals. 62 goals scored by Roma and the rest of 43 goals scored by Napoli.
– Roma have host Napoli 18 times in all competitions, with 11 wins, 4 draws and only three defeats.
– In the last five meetings of the two teams at the Stadio Olimpico, Roma only lost once and the rest ended up winning over Napoli.
– The only defeat in the last five meetings, experienced by Roma in the second team meeting in the second half of last season. Rome should be humiliated 1-2 by Napoli in the game.
Rome: W. Szczesny, F. Fazio (Bruno Peres 52 ‘), K. Manolas, Juan Jesus, A. Rudiger, D. De Rossi (L. Paredes 79’), R. Nainggolan, K. Strootman, E. Dzeko , D. Perotti, S. El Shaarawy (Mohamed Salah 52 ‘)
Napoli: Pepe Reina, Albiol, K. Koulibaly, E. Hysaj, F. Ghoulam, M. Hamsik (A. Belonging 79 ‘), Jorginho (A. Diawara 66’), M. Rog, D. Mertens (P. Zielinski 74 ‘), Jose Callejon, L. Insigne
– Edin Dzeko back to be the mainstay of Rome this season, from six appearances the striker managed to score 7 goals. Last season, he managed to become topskorer Serie A by scoring as many as 29 goals.
– Dries Mertens who last season scored 28 goals, scored 7 goals from 7 appearances this season.
– Jose Callejon also has enough important role for Napoli this season, with scored 4 goals and 2 assists this season.
– Roma are ranked fifth Serie A standings, with pocketed 15 points from six giornata already dilakoni. They managed to score 14 goals and just conceded 4 goals so far.
– While Napoli are at the top of the standings, with 21 points from 7 giornata. They managed to score 25 goals and conceded only 5 goals so far.
– Giallorossi have played 3 giornata cages so far, with 2 wins and 1 defeat.